Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday and Numbers

Well, Mardi Gras was yesterday and it was tough.  On Monday, I had an appointment with Dr Natalie, my PCP.  She is terrific and I got information about their new patient portal at my visit.  I have not tried it yet, but she gave me a printout summarizing my test results and everything we discussed.  I was expecting good news, since I upped my exercise, was being more careful about diet and have lost 6.2 pounds in the Weight Watchers at Work program over the past six weeks or so.  Not bad, I thought.  Well that HbA1C that was 7.2 when I was first diagnosed, then 7.5 three months later, is now 7.9.  Bummer.  Metformin now upped. 
So, since my eating habit changes seem not to have had much effect, I fell off the wagon on Tuesday.  Had a hot-cross bun; girl scout cookies, and some chocolate from those ubiquitous candy dishes at work. 
Now it's Lent.   My resolutions are:  NO CANDY, and to write 40 notes to people who have meant something to me. 

1 comment:

  1. Rosanne Love your blog/ inspiring me to join you in the diet endeavor/ also need motivation to advertise my calligraphy online maybe a blog would be my venue. could you help me

    ReplyDelete