Monday, March 7, 2011

Mind The Gap

The "Mind" part of this blog comes from my efforts to find and focus on the indicators of success in this journey.  And about capturing what others have said that I find helpful -- quotes, recipes, words of encouragement, anything.  "Mind the Gap" comes from the London Underground stentorian voice that bursts forth at seemingly random intervals and the lovely mosaics that line some of the Underground station platforms with the same words.  "Mind the Gap" is much more descriptive than the American-English expression "Watch Your Step".  Because it is exactly the space between where I am and where I want to be that needs attention. 

1 comment:

  1. God bless you, Rosanne, and I wish you well. Much success to you in your good health quest. The Big D runs rampant throughout my mother's family. She didn't have it, but my brother does. It is very hard adjusting to a new way of eating. Because of overweight and BP issues, I started the South Beach Diet in July and have lost 40 pounds, 5 of which I regained because I wasn't careful last week while on vacation in San Francisco eating too many carbs. Hang in there, my friend. This blog thing is a great idea! Love you!

    ReplyDelete