Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break

Oscar Wilde once said that “youth is wasted on the young”.    I feel the same way about Spring Break.  After all, college kids get Christmas break, Easter break, summers off and all those long holiday weekends.    Starting Sunday, my third Spring Break experience begins with Clare.   No, we are not planning on getting into a drunken stupor and sunburned in some exotic location, although we have done that (the sunburn and exotic location, not the drunken stupor).  We are going to a real, honest to goodness, health spa.   I keep hoping there is some herb, spice, acupuncture, acupressure, vitamin supplement, meditation, yoga posture or pill that will make my numbers better – or maybe even cure me!  But deep down, I know better.  The schedule is full of lectures, fitness evaluations, exercise classes (kettle bells, anyone?), hikes and cooking demonstrations.   It will be fun to see Clare and to travel; more later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment